When you buy furniture, you want to take good care of them. There are several reasons to do this:
- You spend money on the furniture
- You have to live and use it on a daily basis, so it should stay in good condition
- You want to ensure it looks good in case you ever choose to sell it
Cleaning your furniture regularly will ensure it looks good and address any potential damage that arises. If you want to protect your acrylic bar stools from damage, here are a few must-need-to-know bits of information:
- Acrylic-specific cleanser
- Microfiber cloth
- Soft sheet for storage
What Do You Do?
- Begin by wrapping the soft sheet around the acrylic bar stool when moving or storing it. If you’re going to decorate or move other furniture, make sure the acrylic material is protected with the soft sheet.
- When you need to clean your acrylic barstool, be sure it’s a cleaner that is designed for acrylic material. Failure to do so could cause your acrylic barstools to become cloudy.
- You only need a minute amount of cleaner on the microfiber cloth, moving in a circular motion when polishing. If you’re using a cleaner for the first time, test it out in an area that’s not clearly noticeable.
- Use a translucent acrylic varnish to protect the acrylic barstools from damage and to maintain their look.
STOP! What You Need To Know
Never use ammonia on acrylic material, as it will cause the material to turn dirty and cloudy. Be sure you look at the labels of all cleaning products to ensure they do not contain ammonia.